Sunday, February 3, 2008

The reason I am glad the Giants Won the Superbowl

Before today I could have cared less about the Superbowl. If someone would have made me choose a team I would have said the Giants. My reasoning, the Patriots have won a lot of them so the Giants need a turn. Good reasoning...huh? But because it was the Superbowl I felt like I needed to watch. Sort of. I was really reading a book most of the time, only pausing my book to watch the much anticipated commericials. In all honestly, that is what I cared about. But there was that one moment I happen to look up during the game that everything inside of me changed. It was 7-3. The Patriots were up and they had just made a good play. Or should I say Asante Samuel made a good play. At least that is how he acted. He started pounding his chest and went a hooping and hollering to the crowd. I seriously wanted to jump thru the TV and flick him in his face. I cannot stand cocky people. I am sorry Asante, that play is not all about you. You are not the sole reason your team made it to the Superbowl. So from that point forward I made it my duty to cheer for the Giants. When they made that next touchdown I was like a proud momma. But things turn grim with the Patriots scored and there were only 2 minues and 35 seconds left. My heart was pounding all fast and I was getting nervous. I kept thinking about Asante pounding his chest. I did not want him to be victorious. Then it came with 35 seconds to go. The Giants scored. I literally jumped out of my chair and screamed like I was a die hard fan who had followed them all season. I think my family was a little startled. The girl with her nose in her book the whole game just leapt out of her chair and screamed. But I had no shame. I think I might get into football next year. This was kinda fun. :)

2 comments:

NinaNevada said...

We were all cheering for the Giants too. Mainly because we let Bridget pick a team and then that was our team for the night. You're so funny. I've only seen you that enthusiastic about shopping ;) Remember, I've seen you work your magic before.

knyche said...

I laughed out loud at the thought of you leaping out of your chair and then imagining the looks on everyone's faces. Priceless.