Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dyson!

I long for a Dyson Vaccum. Seriously- everyone raves about how wonderful they are so I feel I need one too. I have dogs that shed like crazy and I feel I deserve a nice vaccum since I have to clean my house so much.

A few weeks ago I was at Target and I saw a Dyson on clearance for $199. WHAT?? $199?? Are you kidding me? This must be a joke. The vaccum I have longed for that is normally $400 is half off? Well I did what any smart gal would do and I plopped the sucker in my cart and jetted my way to the check out before anyone tried to gank it from me.

Now I had to try to explain to Bryce that I spent $200 on a vaccum. I tried to explain how great it would be for the dog hair, how our current vaccum was a piece of junk and how this would last us for years on end.

It didn't work! He told me I needed to return it because we didn't need it.

Oh no no, my friend. There is no way I was returning this vaccum. It was my dream. I had to find a way to keep Dottie. (I named her)

So- i started going thru my house and finding things I no longer needed and I sold them on ebay.Oh yes- I was determined. Within a week I had around a good amount of cash coming in so I justified bringing it in from my car (I made dottie stay there until I knew it was safe to bring her in.) So I brought her in, opened her up, followed all the instructions of putting her together and the time had come to put her to work. I could hardly contain myself. I was so very excited. I pressed the power button and she purred like a kitten.

Then tragedy struck. I started to vaccum with Dottie and nothing exciting happened. There was still dog hair in the carpet. The rugs were not spottless. There were specks on the ground. Surely I had forgotten to put something on there. I went over it again and again to see if I had missed something but no. It was put together correctly. Had Bryce sabotaged me?

I tried again the next day and nothing. My world as I knew it would never be the same. All of the hopes and dreams were now crushed.

I only had one option. I took Dottie back and got my $213.63 refund. I am normally happy to do a return and get some money back. But this was the saddest one ever.

Here is a pic of Dottie before going back to Mr. Dyson. Thanks for nothing my friend. Thanks for nothing.




4 comments:

knyche said...

RIP Dottie. RIP.

Josh said...

LOL! After all that work! Did you hubby say "In your face!" after you returned it?

Anonymous said...

Try it with a TV and see what your hubby does.

The Rhoderick Family said...

Hey, I found your blog!!! So sad about your Dyson. I know this won't make you feel better, but I have the purple animal Dyson and it is wonderful. Sorry your's didn't work out so well. :(